Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Pattern Drafting

I'm getting excited about starting up another round of quilting classes.  I have taught three rounds of classes now (two of which are still wrapping up) and I absolutely love it.  I think I'm going to try teaching a new pattern. I would like something very simple, modern, and something that would work with a variety of fabrics.  What's more simple than basic squares?  


To jazz it up I think I'll show multiple ways to lay them out.  




Feedback from previous class participants said they had a tough time choosing fabrics.  So this time I will also provide more tips on choosing a color scheme.   For these sample layouts, I used my favorite color-scheme website Design Seeds.   

original image from here

The website showcases color schemes pulled from inspirational photographs.  My favorite ones are photos of the natural world (beaches, sunsets, flowers) or from cultural experiences (think Indian saris of every color, and bright doors and window shutters from some remote Mediterranean island).  Some of my favorite quilts originated from this site!  (It's a huge time waster... don't say I didn't warn you!)

All that to say, new quilting classes are starting up in February 2016 here in Berea, Kentucky! I can't wait!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment