Saturday, January 23, 2016

Graham's Pinwheel Quilt

We got somewhere between 11 and 14 inches of snow yesterday! 


Quilting rulers are very useful for this sort of thing.


So I decided to take pictures of quilts, of course!


This was a Christmas present for my son Graham.


It's a simple pinwheel pattern and measures 48" by 64".


The backing fabric is a colorful stripe fabric given to me by a friend a number of years ago.  I pulled colors from this fabric for the quilt top.  This is another foolproof strategy for picking out colors for a quilt!


I quilted it with an allover loop-de-loop pattern.  It was my first time quilting this design and it won't be the last!


Here's a shot of the label.  Always label your quilts, people.  Always.


Enjoy your weekend, whatever the weather may be :)



No comments:

Post a Comment