Monday, January 11, 2016

Works in Progress

Last November I started a quilt.  A quilt for me!! I haven't made a quilt for me, ever! They are usually for my children, my family, friends, or a swap.  So I decided to treat myself and make a quilt for me.


It's going to be a twin size quilt, but I want it to live on our couch.  I used my favorite Alison Glass fabrics and essex linen for the neutral.  I started quilting it, but then decided I didn't like the direction it was going.  So I'm going to spend a lot of quality time with my seam ripper over the next few days. I think since this is going to be on the couch, and something I see and use very often, I want to be very pleased with the quilting.  (If you're a beginner, don't worry so much about perfection! I think it's more important to get the satisfaction of a finish!)


I have been meaning to make these cloth diaper burp cloths for a cousin expecting a baby (any day now, really!) for the last few months.  Well, I finally finished them up.


I love listening to quilting and sewing podcasts while I work!  My current favorites are The Crafty Planner and Modern Sewciety.


Finished product.  I really wish I had time to make every baby a quilt, but there's just not enough hours in the day.  This little girl will have to settle for something handmade to spit up on :)


No comments:

Post a Comment